Not all monitors are created equal.
I am surprised by how low the quality and specs of some retail/consumer monitors have become. This is the part of your PC you look at all day. The best computer money can buy will look like crud when connected to a cheap 'big box' monitor. The refresh rates and contrast ratios of some monitors being sold today are embarrassing. Forget about our low price for a minute and look at these specs. Compare these to monitors being sold in Best Buy or other retail stores.
- Contrast Ratio 2000:1
- Inputs: DVI-D, VGA, USB 2.0 Ports
- Adjustments: Height, Pivot, Swivel, Tilt
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10
- Horizontal Viewing Angle +70 / -70
- Vertical Viewing Angle +60 / -60"
- Pixel Pitch 0.258 mm THE LOWER THE NUMBER THE BETTER THE MONITOR
- Brightness 300 cd/m2
- Screen Coating Anti-glare, hard coating
- Horizontal Refresh Rate 81 kHz
- Vertical Refresh Rate 76 Hz
- Manufacturer Dell, Inc.