The Micron 5100 SSD family is the new series of SATA SSDs aimed at data-center adoption. Micron is says it gives consistent, steady-state performance writes at 74K IOPS. The drives come with AED-256 bit encryption, and the workload can be optimized by using Micron’s FlexPro firmware. The best use for these will be in Big Data, content delivery, database management, virtualized environments, and open computing.
- Form factor: 2.5-inch
- NAND: Micron 3D eTLC
- 2.5-inch: 1.92TB
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- DWPD: <1
- TBW: 0.45-8.4PB
- MTTF: 2M
- Sequential read performance (128K): 540MB/s
- Sequential write performance (128K): 380-520MB/s
- Random read performance (4K): 93,000 IOPS
- Random write performance (4K): 9000-31,000 IOPS
- Each drive is tested, formatted, and has very low run time.